Pythagorean Theorem Word Problems- Matching Worksheet
Write the letter of the answer that matches the problem.
1. Daniel rides his bicycle 21 km west and
_______ then 18 km north. How far is he from his
2. A square is put together by two triangles.
_______ The hypotenuse is 11 cm and width of 8 cm.
Find the height of the triangle.
3. Find the hypotenuse of a triangle that has
_______ a 13 cm leg and a height of 7 cm.
4. In a right-triangle shaped house, the roof
_______ is 51 feet long and the base of the house is
29 feet across. Calculate the height of the
5. John is trying to determine the length of
_______ the staircase he will need for a deck that is
12 feet high. He wants to start the stairs 21
feet from the deck.
6. A triangle shaped paper’s height is 18 cm
_______ and width is