RECORD OF INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING
1. Determine the objective of the counseling before the session begins.
2. Hear the individual out.
3. Treat the member as having worth and dignity.
4. Show sincerity, courtesy, and personal interest in the individual.
5. Give the individual the facts, whether they are pleasant or unpleasant.
6. Don't brush off any problem as being too trivial.
7. Don't make snap decisions.
1. NAME (Last, First, MI)
6. UNIT/OFFICE SYMBOL
8. Don't make promises if you can't keep them.
9. Don't force decisions on the person - there may be other equally good
and acceptable solutions.
10. Refer to other agencies.
11. Make contact for the individual with the referral agency.
12. Follow up referrals to make sure there is a continuity of action and
that referrals are completed as soon as possible.
7. REASON FOR COUNSELING
5. DUTY PHONE
8. OTHER INFORMATION (i.e., marital status, course