BRIEF CASE TEMPLATE
1. Name of the case_________________________________________________________
2. Statement of Facts________________________________________________________
3. Issue (Question)__________________________________________________________
4. Rule (Statement of the Law)________________________________________________
1. The statement of facts should be a short summary including only the essential facts.
In most cases you read, the decision is based on a few determining facts. DO NOT
COPY THE ENTIRE FACTUAL STATEMENT FROM THE TEXT. State the
procedural facts (who is suing whom, the cause of action, the remedy sought, the
result in the lower court or courts) - what we call the "posture of the case."
2. The ISSUE or question of law is the central or focal legal question in the case.
The student will have to determine the